The next day I had to drop off BMC's hippy snacks at the Hut. Here's the unfinished mural on the heating duct there.
Then to the Carling house. We decided we needed to burn more gunpowder. So Brady and I took apart a couple boxes worth of bullets, he made the Z, and we burned it into the table.
The next night I was lounging with T Mac. Here he shows the cold is avoidable.
We had to go make a stop at some fella's house. When we walked in I noticed he had little silver balls hanging from the ceiling. My first thought was that this guy is crazy and he thinks aliens are trying to bother him, or he thinks his tinfoil shit is gonna stop some radiowaves or something. I never asked him about it, but I think it was just a bad decorating choice.

Small amounts in small packages. Worked for one of em, payed for the other.

Friday night we went to Memory Lanes. Skinny Charlie helped me spot a Snagglepus clone. Same height, same haircut, same chompers, wow!

The first band was just terrible, one of the musicians brought out his whole damn family to see the show. This would have been sort of sad, but the whole family had a ptchouli smell, if you know what I mean.

Then Brother and Sister played. They rocked it really really hard. S-K-A-T-I-N with S-A-T-A-N

Saturday and Sunday were just lovely. On the two coldest nights of the year I got to skate in 90 degree heat. BMC and I found this building in the suburbs to skate in. It was about halfway though constuction, so they keep it closed up, heated up, and lit up, all day and all night.

Here's a picture from the rooftop.

These are the stairs up to the roof. There was so much hot air blowing out this doorway, it was INCREDIBLE.

Here's the upper level/balcony of the building. This is where we did most of the skating.

There were a lot of wood covered support trusses around. They looked like trees with wires coming out of them.

This is one of the wallrides we built on saturday. After skating for a little while we were dead thirsty from exhaustion and all the sawdust we inhaled. Luckily Santos got dropped off and had a backpack full of slushy PBR's. Both nights we skated for 4 hours. It felt like heaven.

This is a crappy little drawing of what our set-up looked like. You probably can't read the chicken scratch but here's what we had. 3 manuel pads (one high, one low and long, and one hidden) a step up/euro gap, a tipped over hand forklift, a wooden parking block, a bank, a few wallrides and a bunch of other little stuff to mess around on. It was perfect.

If you look in the backround you can see football on TV. Charlie had a little party with his co-workers from the liquor store, which meant there was a lot of booze there. Right here Brady shows us that Drunks love the floor. He restled Cat down with him and got her pinned. I couldn't stay for much of the party, cause I had to go skateboarding! (so much better than footbal)
No comments:
Post a Comment